Thursday, June 29, 2006

[commitment]

connect  unknowing                           dis-
         connect a june hesitation
a slow turning inept         lazily it sits
       on the swing
    in the mouth    an inclination      a bandage
on the tongue    a clause
in the eloquent          a choke in the valve   
                     
                       [forgive me]

a cease of the lung – summers on the edge of silk,
  a cheek to molest in the sun  ( I say yes
             yes
                      yes
love  an ax   what I mean is kiss me   kiss me

day slows along the lines of hands / you me /
      along the miles
                  of distance          too much
and fragments of clouds  bur st

in the spine       a speck of lavender crouched
beside the gate  / you me /  it felt
         like feathers  (to describe more  would be
   heartbreak     it was our day

I still taste the rain in your throat   & this is
my secret   my blossom
                            my chestcave in winter
         days when I knew wakefulness
           with the coming of you
    a silver two-door    a boy  with green eyes
                  arms stretched  timid

yes  I say   kiss me  [kiss me]   Christ
          your scent in  my hair          of course
    what else was there to

do   because this is connect  or  dis  
connect  orreconnect      &   all
         the things you said    a bit of madness
within a softened sweater
                             you fell to slumber

that day in the square         after photographs
       we must have felt the wild
horses the pulse  
                              an aching in the grass   
it ran free from fingertips  smoothing
your belly  scratching your tender back   
awkward  and unsure
          as the departure that came
    to us
               in our dreams
& I love
           & I love                 we(deeply)love   

    not needing anything but this

2 comments:

aliscia said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

best4chance said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»